Pronouns are the words which are used by replacing main noun so that we can avoid the repetition of that noun again and again.
When in any sentence the subject of the verb is receiver for an action and the action is said to be reflected then such verbs are called reflective verb like enjoy,avail,adapt,pride etc.Pronouns used for such reflection are herself, himself, themselves, ourselves etc.
1. You should avail every opportunity.
Correct statement: You should avail yourself every opportunity.
2. They enjoyed during cricket match.
Correct statement: They enjoyed themselves during cricket match.
Some verbs are not reflexive like keep,turn, qualify, move, rest etc. so such verbs are present in sentence we cannot use pronoun like himself, herself etc.
1. She has qualified herself for the job.
Correct statement : She has qualified for the job.
2. He Hid himself in the kitchen.
Correct statement : He hid in the kitchen.
Reflexive pronoun should not be used as a subject or object unless it is preceded by pronoun or noun concerned.
1. Myself and He gone to watch movie.
Correct statement :I and He gone to watch movie.
2. Rahul will play for myself and this city.
Correct statement : Rahul will play for me and this city.
To be form of verbs like am, is, are, was, were, shall, will, should always be followed by Subjective form when complement is pronoun in statement.
1. It is me who have passed this exam.
Correct statement : It is I who have passed this exam.
2. It will be us who will buy a new car.
Correct statement : It will be we who will buy a new car.
If the sentence contains verb and preposition then they are always followed by objective case of pronoun.
1. Between you and I, youare brilliant.
Correct statement : Between you and me, youare brilliant.
2. He is demonstrating experiment to Rahul and she.
Correct statement : He is demonstrating experiment to Rahul and her.
Relative pronoun like who is generally used for the subject and whom is used for the object.
1. Ganesh is the boy who everybody thought had topped in college.
2. She talked to a person whom has a experience in field of agriculture.
If we are referring to a choice between two or more than two things then in that case we pronoun which in place of who.
1. Of the two brothers who is perfect.
Correct statement : Of the two brothers which is perfect.
2. Who is your son in that long queue?
Correct statement : Which is your son in that long queue?
Pronoun like ‘whose’ is used for possessive case and ‘which’ is used for non-living things and animals.
This is boy whose bike was stolen.
This is the dog which helped her to find way to home.